I’ve been doing lots of writing about interpersonal violence and I need a break. Working on some lovely anthology projects and spending time with other writers, I’m aware of feeling peace. And joy. The creative community is a place of connection and fulfillment, of important friendships, quirky humor, and joy. Maybe my writers’ community is a home for my soul.
- Happiness is the settling of the soul into its most appropriate spot. – Aristotle
- When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness – all the good things. — Maya Angelou
- …being in a state of joy is a learned skill, not an innate ability. — Donald Altman, author, The Joy Compass
- The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. — Richard Bach
- Part of the joy comes from seeing one’s own children become parents – watching the cycle of birth, nurturance, and independence begin again. Grandmothers became quite passionate about the magic of it all, often bowled over by their intensity of feeling. — Doreen Rosenthal, author, New Age Nanas
Where is your soul’s home? What brings you joy? I look forward to hearing from you in the comments!